Lineup for Agri-Pulse 2019 Ag & Food Policy Summit
February 20, 2019
Agri-Pulse announces All-Star Lineup for 2019 Ag & Food Policy Summit
You won't want to miss the 3rd annual Agri-Pulse Ag & Food Policy Summit, March 18, 2019, at The National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The Summit will focus on "Shaping Farm and Food Policy Strategies for 2040."
Throughout the day, you’ll hear thought-provoking educational sessions about who will farm in 2040, what types of new plant- and cell-based foods will be produced and how today’s protein providers plan to be even more competitive and sustainable. The Agri-Pulse summit will also feature exclusive new data, conducted by Aimpoint Research, looking at how upcoming generations will access information and influence policies in the future. Plus, you’ll hear younger farmers talk about the types of farm bill programs they need to survive and thrive in the future.
“This is a unique opportunity to learn about some of the exciting changes ahead, both from those who farm and those who manufacture and sell food products,” explained Agri-Pulse Editor Sara Wyant.
Wyant said it’s no secret the food production and consumption landscape will need to change as American agriculture works to feed over 9 billion people over the next couple of decades. But what, if any, government incentives and regulations will be needed? How will someone born in 2019 be able to start farming in 2040? And what kinds of food, feed or energy products will they be growing? This full-day program will address the issues, questions and opportunities of these challenges.
You can register for the Ag & Food Policy Summit online here.
• Deputy Secretary of Agriculture Steve Censky
• Brett Sciotto, CEO, Aimpoint Research
• David Hollinrake, President of Syngenta Seeds
• Randy Dickhut, VP, Farmers National
• Dan Kowalski, VP of CoBank’s Knowledge Exchange Division
• Eric Schulze, VP or Product and Regulation, Memphis Meats,
• Chris Adamo, VP, Federal and Industry Affairs, Danone
• Tina May, Senior Director, Sustainability, Land O’Lakes
• Brad Figel, Vice President of Public Affairs, Mars, on behalf of the Sustainable Food Policy Alliance
• FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D. (invited)
• Jim Mulhern, CEO, National Milk Producers Federation
• John Johnson, COO, National Pork Board
• Chad Gregory, CEO, United Egg Producers
• Kendal Frazier, CEO, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
• Michael Turley, owner and operator of Rolling Lawns Farms, Greenville, Illinois
• Shelby Watson-Hampton, Robin Hill Vineyard and Farm, Brandywine, Maryland
• Kyle Tom, Tom Farms, Leesburg, Indiana
• Jonathan Coppess, Director, Gardner Agriculture Policy Program, Univ. of Ill. and author of a new book: The Fault Lines of Farm Policy: A Legislative and Political History of the Farm Bill
• Sen. Debbie Stabenow (invited)
• Sen. Pat Roberts (invited)
The event will be held at the National Press Club from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a reception for participants and Agri-Pulse customers to follow at the same location. For more information on the Ag & Food Policy Summit, contact Sara@Agri-Pulse.com